Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sea daffodil,hyacinth bean vine, solanum shrub flowering

Monsoon rains started few weeks ago and temperature has lowered down with increase in humidity. Plants growth rate accelerate in these rains. Many plants are in flowering right now. Here are some of those:
This is Sea daffodil (pancratium maritimum) started sending blooms. The ones in soil bed just started sprouting. Which means they like pot bound for quick blooming. Bloom lasts just one day but they multiply good for mass effect. Ismene festalis, its cousin is also growing good but no flowers yet.


This blue flowering shrub i am unable to ID, any help? I think it is related to solanum family. Blooming profusely in Lawrence gardens lahore. Flowers are not fragrant but blooms are profuse.


This is bauhinia tomentosa,Yellow Bauhinia blooming in lawrence gardens lahore. Not a very prolific bloomer but pretty blooms.


Strangely the buds are pink colored while flowers are entirely of different color.


This is dolichos lablab, hyacinth bean vine. No fragrance in flowers but pretty blooms in lavender color.


This yellow flowering vine is blooming in lawrence gardens lahore but i am not sure which species it is. Still looking for confirmation of ID though.


To see other flowers from around the world, visit Today's flowers
For Macro monday, visit Lisa's Chaos
For Mosaic monday, visit Mosaic monday

17 comments:

Modern Mom said...

Lovely blooms.

My entry.

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for sharing your flowers. All so different with beautiful colors. I have never seen anything like the first. It's incredible but I have enjoyed all these lovely blooms!

Anjas Hill said...

Hi!

Maybe Ipomea (grandiflora?)?
Lovely pictures!/Anja

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Really nice flowers. Love the variety.

Andrea said...

That yellow Bauhinia amazes me! You mean the young flower buds are purple which eventually turned yellow when it is fully open? I am curious to have it!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful blooms!

Today's Flower at my page. Have a great week ahead.

Kim, USA said...

Oh wow they are amazingly beautiful. Haven't seen that sea daffodil here it's beautiful!

Macro Monday

Pondside said...

Such beautiful colours - and so exotic when seen from here.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blooms.

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous...all of them. I especially like the muted lavender shade of the bean vine blossoms.

LIGHT OF MY LIFE is my Macro Monday Link
Hope you can find time to stop in and give me a :::howdy:::
Enjoy your week ahead!!!

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

Those sea daffodils are beautiful! I'd like some of those - also the hyacinth beans!

Autumn Belle said...

A yellow bauhinia with reddish buds? This is special. The purple bean flower is very pretty too.

One Photo said...

The sea daffodil shot is absolutely fabulous.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This was something very different for me...how beautiful these flowers are!

Unknown said...

So very pretty! :)

Hanna at Orchid Care said...

At the risk of being redundant because I’ve already said that in previous comments, your photos is absolutely stunning. It makes me want to run out and take a few photography lessons, actually more than a few.

The Sea Daffodils are so delicately gorgeous. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this specimen before and it saddens me to think this such beauty only lasts for a single day.

Anonymous said...

The unidentified purple flower looks like a potato bush. I have a couple here in arizona.


Winner of best photo blogger