Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trees of Parkinsonia aculeata, Pterospermum acerifolium and Erythrina suberosa

Here are some of the trees which are native to my city lahore (Pakistan) and blooming right now. First one is Parkinsonia aculeata also known as Vilayti kikar. It is a roadside tree covered in yellow flowers. It is also called Jerusalem thorn due to its thorny stems.






Erythrina suberosa also called as Coral tree. Tree looks spectacular when in bloom.




Pterospermum acerifolium with local name kanak champa, a fragrant tree native to india, Pakistan and other south asian countries. Fragrant flowers although leaves are very large. Flowers emit fragrance at night. Another common tree in india and Pakistan.


Visit Today's Flowers for more beautiful flower posts all around the world.
For Macro monday, visit Lisa's Chaos
For mosaic monday, visit Little red house
For Mellow yellow monday, visit Mellow Yellow monday

24 comments:

Stephany said...

Wow, these are beautiful trees! I really like the Parkinsonia, in spite of the vicious looking thorns. Wonderful color!

Modern Mom said...

Fabulous shots.

My entry.

Pat said...

I have never seen any of these trees before....They are simply spectacular! I like the red-blossoms the most.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Please take a peek at my Flowers post. Have a good weekend ahead!

Joanne Olivieri said...

These are gorgeous and the petals in the first flower almost look like paper. Great shots.

Karen said...

These are gorgeous! The last one is odd looking but beautiful. Terrific shots!

Tammie Lee said...

absolutely gorgeous captures!

genie said...

How I would love to swap places with you for a few weeks so I could see these flowers up close. I do not know where to start complimenting you on these beautiful shots. What a gorgeous spot in which to live. You have certainly brightened my night as I am about to go to sleep. Stunning.

IMRIZ said...

can i just marvel at these photos. words can never equate the beauty i am seeing here.

http://www.diyandmore.com/?p=467
http://www.bongabonlife.com

Liz said...

Beautiful shots! Have a fabulous week.

Liz @ MLC

Stacy @ The Next-to-Nothing House said...

Just beautiful! Especially love the Parkinsonia.

jo©o said...

Goodness me!
How exotic. Like stepping into a botanical garden greenhouse.
Like Genie, i wouldn't mind spending some time amongst those trees.

Kala said...

Gorgeous captures. Happy Macro Monday!

Lorrie said...

I've never seen such exotic flowers. How gorgeous!

Kim, USA said...

Wow I can't remember if I've seen this flowers just gorgeous!!!

MYM

Macro Monday

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Wishing you a wonderful day! Cathy

Shobha said...

All of them are so beautiful.
Lovely clicks.

Bohemian said...

Your lovely Jerusalem Thorn Trees look very much like the lovely Palo Verde Trees of our Southwestern Desert. I have some growing in my Garden and being a Native drought tolerant species they thrive and put forth magnificent blooms like this in abundance even during our most unforgiving Seasonal heat and droughts.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

One Photo said...

The first photo is just stunning - such beautiful colors!

EG CameraGirl said...

Gorgeous blossoms! They look so exotic to my Canadian eyes!

Teresa said...

Amazing trees! They are so beautiful covered in those flowers.

Maude Lynn said...

These are just gorgeous!

real lady said...

Lovely flowers. Here's My Mellow Yellow Monday

JudyKate said...

WOW how magnificent in colour and grandeur. I particularly love the Jerusalem flower. JudyKate


Winner of best photo blogger