Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring trees millettia ovalifolia and butea frondosa in bloom

There are lot of trees in bloom right now. The spring annuals have started fading but trees are just warming up. Here are some of the trees in bloom right now in lahore. I am intended to capture at least 50 trees in my blog this spring.

First one is butea frondosa also known as Flame of the forest. Bees and butterflies just love it. The hundreds of flowers on a single tree look so pretty. A common tree in lahore. This is a closeup of flowers.


And this is how it looks like a panorama view.


The next one is millettia ovalifolia with local name villayati shisham. A subtropical legume tree. There are more than one millettia species blooming right now but i will share the remaining in next post.
These are buds not flowers.


This is closeup of flower buds. Look like capsules


And this is how flowers look like. Somehow they appear to be pea like.


And last but not least the front view of this beautiful tree.


This post is included in Today's Flowers so don't forget to visit it and enjoy blooms from around the world.

For more macro flowers posts, visit Lisa's Chaos
For Mosaic monday, visit Little red house.

24 comments:

vincibene said...

WOW!
Fascinating series!
The flame of the forest is very impressive!

Rainy Day Gardener said...

Looking forward to more of the series, beautiful tree's!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful trees and blossoms.

A Garden of Threads said...

Fantastic trees!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing all of these tropical beauties...we don't get to see this at the Jersey Shore!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Just amazing. I don't think I've seen those in that first shot. Very unique and great color.

Charmaine Poulin said...

SO Beautfiul!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

so pretty, are they fragrant?

Snap said...

WOW ...spectacular!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Very pretty spring blossoms.

Unknown said...

Wow that first tree is amazing. Great photos too. I guess I am just used to seeing our trees and nothing can touch that. Wrong climate I guess. This is my first visit here. I will be back. Blessings
QMM

Vee said...

I know nothing of such trees, but they certainly are beautiful!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Gorgeous blossoms on your trees. V

Jeri ~ said...

WOW, I have never heard of these trees, they are amazing!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I have never seen trees like this before! They are unique and gorgeous.

I am visiting from Mosaic Monday.

Teresa said...

Beautiful trees-I've never seen them before.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

This must certainly be paradise!!! Gorgeous photos!!!

BernieH said...

Two fantastic looking trees, especially when they're in full bloom! What a display. Each one has its' own distinctive flower.

Kala said...

Gorgeous blossoms Muhammad.

Laura said...

gorgeous...I've never seen such unusual tree blossoms!

Dutchbaby said...

Thank you for sharing the botanical riches of your region.

Teresa said...

Beautiful photos!

Forty Pound Sack said...

Another WOW! What an amazing series of photos, like nothing I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing them ~

i beati said...

alot of color poppin sandy


Winner of best photo blogger