Monday, July 12, 2010

Gaillardia aristata

Welcome to another episode of macro monday, a weekly event hosted by Lisa.Visit her blog for more stunning macro shots. Gaillardia is very tough perennial here standing in the extreme summer heat of lahore. This plant is not common for sale in nurseries, may be because it has committed the sin of being COMMON.

Can you believe these species are not available at nurseries, seeds are available though with the name 'bicolor'.

The parent of all these species is probably gaillardia grandiflora. Various varieties are sold in other countries but the ones in this post have gone wild and self sow easily.

7 comments:

Carletta said...

Such lovely sherbert like colors - I love them!
Very pretty shots!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen this bloom...what beautiful colors!

Kala said...

The details and colors are just gorgeous. I would like that flower in my garden!

Vicki said...

These are new flowers for me. Great shots.

Hootin Anni said...

Nothing in blogland beats over a beautiful macro photo of flowers!!

My 'macro' is actually zooming in on a wild Conure Parrot. I do hope you get a chance to visit with me ...happy Monday to you.

Anonymous said...

These flowers are spectacular. Love the colors.

Tammie Lee said...

this second photo is incredible, just magically beautiful!


Winner of best photo blogger