Monday, March 29, 2010

Clearwing humming bird in Lawrence gardens

Here i am again with another edition of macro monday. Because of my coverage with annual spring flower show (see below post) i could not take much macros but still those i got were worth posting.

This one was shot at lawrence garden lahore. I am not sure what it is but it seems to be a hummingbird moth. Though we do not have hummingbirds here but sunbirds. Lovely sight though.
update: This is some species of clearwing hummingbird moth.

 Stock is the most fragrant annual of spring. And bees love them too. This one shot at my terrace.
This bee seems to be too involved in california poppy. Again captured on my terrace.


For more macro monday posts, visit Lisa's Chaos

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I must find out about that little sunbird! So cute.

What a treat to go to a flower show such as the one in your previous post!

chasity said...

i think hummingbird moths are one of the coolest insects....loved this photo!

Birdy Official said...

The first picture is surely a clearwing hummingbird moth, however not sure with exact species. Your picture confirms that hummingbird moths do exist in Lahore.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

Bugs make for the best models!

Great shots!

mariamrehman said...

Its great to see a blog on such a unique subject. Would you like to post on our blog where different people can read and make comments on your write-ups?

Please let me know if you are interested.

Muhammad khabbab said...

@Mariam thanks. I would love to write on your blog. But i could not access your blogger profile so unable to let you know.

mariamrehman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annelie said...

I remember the first time I saw a hummingbird moth. My mouth was wide open. I couldn't figure out what I had just seen. Great pics.

MedaM said...

Wonderful photos, indeed. The second one is my favorite!


Winner of best photo blogger