Saturday, September 12, 2009

Meme award

Dot over at A Faerie's Garden has been kind enough to pass a Meme Award on to me She has small space like me and ripe tomatoes on her site is just a sight to watch. so thank you dot, for the award. I am really amazed that its not even one month ago i had joined blotanical and i got an award. That also makes me proud that i seem to be the first pakistani on blotanical to have that.

The requirement of the award is that you reveal 7 things about yourself, so here they go.

1. I started gardening 2 years ago. nobody can believe it that i progressed so much in this short time. I had no soil bed at that time. it was covered with thick layer of concrete and i had to dig it deep so that i could utilize the mother nature earth.
2. I love eating!!!!! yap i can cook as well but the point is, i can eat better. i like everything which puts on weight :P and i try various baking recipes as well.
3. Books are my another passion. mostly i read books in my native language urdu but that does not apply to gardening books. Right now on my bed side table is lying "The essesntial flower gardening encyclopaedia" by Fog City Press. I also have "The Gardener" by master gardener of pakistan Mr A.K.Khan.

4. I love traveling. Specially northern region mountains. i have been there a lot and had some dangerous routes like that to lake saif-ul-malook lake, aansoo lake, dudi-pat-sar lake. I enjoyed the calmness there and not to mention those wild flowers which i can only think of growing in my subtropical climate.

5. My spiritual aspect. Being a muslim i am into this thing really deep. My favorite exercise is meditation which reduces the stress and keeps your mind fresh.

6. Poetry. I have written almost 25+ poems and most of them are romantic ones :P but i am not interested in showing them on a website cause they are personal. They are however published on poetry.com

7. There is one person in my home more passionate about gardening and that is my wife. when i got married last year i had no idea that how much does it matter if your spouse has similar hobby. but now i know it matters really big. I wonder what would have happened if otherwise.

Now for passing the award on. These are the blogs i am fond of, and they deserve it as well. i am not sure whether they all are on blotanical or not. but even if they are not, they will join it after the award. cool, isn't it.

Sunita at The urban gardener , Zindagi at lost in dreams , Mars at Mars on earth , Birdie at Amateur Photography| Nature Pictures, Green thumb at India Garden, Urban green at The urban balcony and paula at Singapore plants lover

The Meme award guidelines:

1. Link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Reveal the 7 things about yourself
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let each blogger know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Let the tagger know when your post is up.

13 comments:

Muhammad khabbab said...

Seems like my post is published but no showing on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the meme award! Will update you soon!

Green thumb said...

Thank you so much for having me in your thoughts for this Meme award.
The 7 things you have listed are quite interesting. In fact I share two of your interests - visiting mountains and eating. Meditation is something I always promise myself to do regularly but till now have been regularly irregular; i hope your post will inspire some good regular habits in me.
As far coming up with things about myself is concerned, I have started introspecting and will be out with them the day they reach the 7 mark:-)

Tootsie said...

congratulations!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Hi... so good to share same interest with your wife.... But that may not matter much, as long as one is supporting the other.
Cheers ~ bangchik

Chloe m said...

So glad to learn more about you.
Rosey

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Congratulations!
I can relate to your story about creating a decent soil bed. Our native soil here is sand and rocks, a lot of rocks. Before planting anything, I should spend sometimes a couple of hours just picking out those rocks and adding good dirt. But I bet that your concrete is tougher than my rocks!

Mary Delle LeBeau said...

So glad to have you post again. I've missed you. Your post was great. So glad to learn more about you.

Sunita Mohan said...

That was interesting. Its always nice to find out more about people whose blogs one visits. Thank you so much for the meme award but I hope you won't mind waiting a bit for my post on it? I already owe one each to Rajee Sood and Autumn Belle. And now you too ! I dont know how I'll catch up, but I will... just give me a bit of time, okay? Thanks again.

Dot said...

That was a wonderful post and 7 interesting facts about yourself. Gardening, eating, reading, traveling.. ahh.. all the great things in life =) I'd love to see some pics of your baking the next time you create something.

I also just wanted to say how great it is that your wife shares your passion for gardening. You two must spend many happy hours attending to your flowers together. Not that my husband likes gardening, unfortunately, but we married last year aswell. Another thing in common =)

Muhammad khabbab said...

thanks everyone for your kind comments.
@Dot - i sure will post some pics while baking but that does not include lensing the finished product :P !!!!
@Sunita - all the time you have got. hey you need not reply individually why not combine all!!

Mars said...

hey this seems like fun! appreciate the meme award--will let you know as soon as my answers are up!

Autumn Belle said...

It is great to know more about you through the meme award. Congratulations! You are very lucky that you and your wife both like gardening. I'm sure you will have lots of pleasant memories in the garden.


Winner of best photo blogger